Friday, March 17, 2006

Baby Shower

This weekend is the baby shower! I will be so glad when it's over and we can just wait for my sister-in-law to have her baby. She has had two slight scares with pre-term labor activity and we really want to have her shower before the baby arrives. Of course we also hope he stays put until at least 37 weeks. My sister had a preemie as did a cousin of ours. It's never fun to see a baby have to be in the NICU. It's even harder to see the mommies come home without their baby. I didn't get to see my nephew until he was about a month old. This time around when I get a nephew I hope to see him immediately. I've been trying to convince my sister-in-law that I would make a great doula even though I'm not really one. I did have two babies naturally and I've read tons of books to become a doula. I just haven't gotten to finish that path in life yet. Anyway, the shower is going to happen this weekend and I can't wait!

No comments: