Friday, August 11, 2006

Busy-Busy

Today is my sister-in-law's birthday. It's hard to believe that I've known her since we were in highschool together. I partly became friends with her because I had a crush on her brother! I can see now that it worked out just fine. LOL! We are still friends to this day and now with her having a baby and two stepchildren we are even closer. It gives us more things in common.

My daughter got all her preschool papers in the mail this week. Included in this packet was an apple with her name and room number on it to wear the first week of school. It's exciting for us to be entering this new stage in her life. I'm working on making her a pink princess blanket to take for nap times. She also has a new pink Tinkerbelle backpack.

Our county fair is approaching in another week. My daughter and maybe my son will be entering the fair king/queen pageant. My husband hasn't decided about my son. I think he's the most adorable little boy ever and of course I just know he could win! I thought that about my daughter last year too. She did great, but didn't make the top five. It's just fun to see them do good and let everybody see my babies since I'm so proud of them.

We're having a birthday party next week for my husband's Grandpa. He's been in and out of the hospital since a stroke in early June. His health is definitely failing and I think we all wonder if this may be his last birthday. That's why we all want to make it a special one for him. He's bed ridden and very depressed. It's a hard thing to see. Hopefully a party will bring him a little cheer.

No comments: