Thursday, July 06, 2006

Weekend & Thanks!

First off - thanks to the reader who gave me some insight into where my missing midwife might have gone. I'm still going to miss her, but glad to hear that she didn't disappear due to something horrible happening.

Now to my weekend. My family went up to the lake and camped out with my father-in-law. We had a great time on our boat. We had family and friends in and out the whole time so we kept busy. The kids enjoyed playing with their cousins. My daughter was very happy that she got to swim several times. She loves the water and swims pretty good for a girl of just 4 1/2. The weather could have been better. There were several rainy, cloudy periods over the whole weekend. Including a late night storm which resulted in two kiddos being in bed with me and my husband. It didn't take long for me to be kicked out and sleeping on the bed where the kids had been before.

My only real complaint about the weekend was my fil. My kids don't see him very often. Not because he lives far away, but just because he doesn't choose to try and see them. My in-laws are divorced and my husband doesn't have that great of a relationship with his father. Anyway, the one time we spend time with him and he complains about the kids. He doesn't like that they make messes at a campground, my 2 1/2 year old son shouldn't be in diapers, etc, etc... You would think that if you only see the grandkids on a few occasions each year that you wouldn't gripe when you were with them. It just gives me further reason to not make an effort either. I would rather they spend time with the grandparents that love and appreciate them faults and all!

No comments: