Saturday, December 01, 2007

December

December has arrived! It's really cold here today which seems the perfect way to bring this month in. My husband has a rule that we can't put up our Christmas tree until it's officially December, so I guess we can put it up now. We'll probably do that on Sunday since my daughter is having a birthday sleepover with her cousin tonight. I can feel much better about wearing my Christmas clothes and playing my Christmas music now! I always feel a little silly starting right after Thanksgiving, but I love it!
*********
My daughter and her cousin will be making pillowcases tonight at her sleepover. I bought white pillowcases and fabric paint so I know it will be a lot of fun for them! I just hope that my son doesn't feel the need to join in since I didn't buy him a pillowcase. I probably should have, but I didn't really think about it at the time.
*********
My medical drama is still continuing. I've been put on a second medication that cost $71.49 for a 40 day supply. I'm also supposed to have a test for a certain bacteria and a CT Scan on Wednesday of my abdomen. I hope the new medicine kicks in before I go for the $1500 medical test. We don't have any health insurance. We make too much money for Medicaid, but we don't make enough money to be able to afford $400 a month for medical insurance! Isn't it a lose - lose situation? I know a lot of people with insurance that are also strapped with medical cost, so I'm not sure there is any good answer.

No comments: