Saturday, November 24, 2007

Hope you had a.....

Happy Thanksgiving! We spent our time with family and it was nice. I'm struggling to get better from whatever illness I've had for a month now. My son is coming down with a bad cough and fever. At least we made it through the first holiday though!

My daughter's parent/teacher conference was great! We found out that she is reading at a late 2nd grade, early 3rd grade level; in Kindergarten. She can actually read beyond that level, but her comprehension starts to fade of what she is reading. She might be able to an advanced reading class with the first grade kids and the school would like to see her maybe tested for giftedness. We were so pleased!

It's definitely my favorite time of year. I went shopping yesterday and left my house at 4:40 a.m. It was a blast! I'm already playing Christmas music and wearing my holiday shirts. I always try to soak up as much as I can for the next month or so. I hope you're all enjoying this special season as well!

2 comments:

Virginia Revoir said...

It seems like everytime I turn around, another one of my kids is sick. It's so sad.

Congrats on your daughter and her reading skills! My sons who originally came from a public school still can't read and here my son repeated Kindergarten twice and is now in first grade and my other son is repeating Kindergarten. What is going on? I'm actually pulling them out to teach them myself. At the end of Kindergarten year, they are only learning the sound of the letter. I don't know if that's normal but it seems awful slow.

Unknown said...

I love this time of year too. i am glad your Thanksgiving was nice. I posted about my intereting Turkey Day at the Ghetto Buffet.

I saw you that you stopped by my blog but my e-mail is eating my comments. Thanks for stopping by and I will be by here often :D