Monday, January 30, 2006

Our Weekend

Well we survived another weekend! :) Friday evening was rather exciting around our place as our new high speed internet modem arrived. My hubby decided to try and install the whole thing as was disappointed that it wasn't as easy as our friendly sales person said it would be. So he called the 800 number and waited for 45 minutes to get a live voice, then his cell phone went did on him and he had to start the whole process over again! Grumpy husband alert!! It ended up taking about 3 hours total to have our new system up and running, but the results were a much faster internet connection. Now my 4-year old daughter and I can fight over who gets to use the computer.

Saturday we spent some time with my husbands family which I do enjoy. They are a very fun family, but busy and we don't get as much time together as I would like! My sister-in-law is pregnant and we did spend a little time discussing the baby shower we need to plan. I can't wait to throw her a super fun baby shower! We've already picked a really cute theme that fits the mom-to-be perfectly.

The only down side to Saturday was when my almost 2-year old son refused to get dressed. He wouldn't do it for mommy at all. My husband had to get out of bed and then my son nicely got dressed for daddy. What's the deal with that?

Sunday I looked at the house that my in-laws are thinking about buying. It's very neat. Built in 1910 it has all kinds of that old house style charm. My kids loved running around the big empty house and their Grammy decided that the grandchildren definitely approved. We also went to Wal-Mart for the second time of the weekend. We have a second computer that we decided to put again and it worked for about an hour and then pooped out on us. We went to Wal-Mart for a new power cord only to discover when we got home that, that was not the problem. Who knows what's wrong with it.

So, that was our weekend! Now it's back to our regularly scheduled weekday routine.

No comments: