Thursday, August 02, 2007

How We Met

In honor of my Anniversary this week I thought I would tell a brief story of how we met.

My sophomore year of high school I met a guy. He was good looking, charming and had a great family. We dated for two years and had a lot of ups and downs. I met a whole new group of people by dating him. It was funny because he was a very controlling person and most of his friends liked him, but didn't like the way he treated me. Anyway, one of his friends and I became pretty good friends. When my high school sweetheart and I broke up (right before my senior year) this friend of his had just started dating someone and it was pretty serious. So, I started dating a whole string of guys and my friend would tell me why each of them was totally wrong for me.
Towards spring of that next year I told this guy friend of mine that I had feelings for him that were more than just friendship. It turns out that he felt the same way. It took him a while to break it off gently with his girlfriend. They had been dating for about 9 months and she had already bought a prom dress with plans to go with him. So, he took her to prom and I went with his cousin (as friends). The day after prom we started officially dating. Of course this "friend" is the guy I ended up marrying! We were together for a year before we became engaged and then we were together another year before we got married.
I'm so thankful that I met him! You never know what road will lead you to the person you're meant to be with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome story! That is so romantic and touching altogether. It was like it was fate the whole entire time.