Monday, August 13, 2007

Surprise for the Kids

My husband has been so busy this summer! He started his own business in May and he's working 6 days a week-plus some. We haven't had as much together time as a family as we would all like so he decided to give the kids a little surprise on Saturday. When he got off work we left home to go for about an hour drive. My husband also had to get fitted for a tux, so we just told the kids that we were going out of town for that. After the tux fitting the kids were hungry and kept asking their Dad if we could get something to eat. Well this is were he surprised them by pulling into Chuck E. Cheese! Our 3 year old son doesn't ever remember being there, but he knows who Chuck E. Cheese is because we buy their brand of snack cheese. So, he was totally amazed to see that there was a real place with Chuck E.'s face on it. My daughter was so happy as well. I think she told her Dad thank you about 20 times throughout the evening. It was honestly a lot of fun for all of us. I was just a little nervous because I think those type of places are so germy! That's O.K. though. It was worth it because it made the kids so happy. My husband definitely earned the super Dad award for volunteering to take the kids to Chuck E. Cheese!

No comments: