Thursday, October 11, 2007

Cough Crazy

My son has been coughing like crazy the past few nights! Poor little guy doesn't get much sleep and neither do I. We are finally on our third round of over the counter cough medicine. I took some advice from the Dr. Sears website, www.askdrsears.com and tried the long acting medicine they recommended. I also bought a warm mist vaporizer and set it up in his room. He actually only had two coughing fits last night versus them being constant the other nights.
**************
My son starts in with respiratory illnesses every fall. Last spring we had his tonsils and adenoids removed in the hopes that it would help us. I'm not feeling too confident now! He really suffered with the surgery and wound up dehydrated and back in the hospital, so I'm really hoping that it was worth it. He has had croup and 2 bouts of Pneumonia in his 3 1/2 years of life. I couldn't even put a number on the many ear infections we've dealt with. We're on our second set of ear tubes! Do any of you have kids that suffer with these things?

No comments: