Thursday, October 04, 2007

Countdown to Memory Walk

4 days until the Alzheimer's Memory Walk! This Sunday I will be walking in honor of my Grandma who is suffering from Alzheimer's Disease. When a family member has Alzheimer's Disease you lose them right before your very eyes. My Grandma has lost the ability to have a conversation, and she's lost the ability to take care of her basic everyday needs. She doesn't even remember the foods that she likes or dislikes. She cries every time someone tells her that her parents have died even though they have both been gone for well over 10 years. This disease steals a person while they are still alive and takes them from their family. I am walking so that we can find a cure, or at least a better way to manage it. I hope and pray that my parents, my sibling or myself never have to face it again. I am placing the link for my donation page here in case anyone wants to donate to my walk. Thank you!

No comments: