Monday, October 22, 2007

Motherhood = Exhaustion

I will never forget the first pregnancy symptom I experienced when I was pregnant with my daughter. We had just moved to a new house and the time had just "sprung" forward as it was April. I also had a new job that involved me getting up earlier for a small commute. I was totally exhausted! I kept telling everyone that all the changes going on had really worn me out. Within a week or so I realized that I had also missed my period! I was pregnant! That explained the chronic fatigue I was having. It also continued for the entire 9 months of pregnancy.
*************
I truly believe that the moment my egg was fertilized I became permanently exhausted. LOL!
*************
To this day I never feel completely rested. There are nights that I get 10 hours of sleep and still wake up tired. Of course I'm a light sleeper, so I'm awake through the night listening to what's going on in my kids rooms. Who knows, maybe someday I'll be energized again?! :)

1 comment:

Liza on Maui said...

Oh I hear you!

My first born was 5 months old when I got pregnant with my second. I have been tired since then. They are now 10 and 9 yr olds.