Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Sad Reminder

We live in a smaller town and just yesterday someone from here was killed in a construction accident. It was a sad reminder that none of us, no matter how young or old, are promised tomorrow. This man was young and had young kids. My own husband worked in construction with him in the past. Thankfully my husband is now working a different type of job. I can't imagine receiving a phone call that my husband had been killed at work. You send them off each day feeling confident that you'll see them that evening, but sometimes in life things change. I am reminded today to always be sure that my kids and husband know that I love them.

2 comments:

Hope said...

I can't title my recent blog entry either.....

Unfortunetly, we all need reminders to be grateful for what we have.

ginny said...

That's a great reminder...thanks.