Thursday, July 05, 2007

Alzheimer's Memory Walk

I know that some of you may have read my posts about my Grandma having Alzheimer's Disease. This year my sister & I have formed a team to walk in the Alzheimer's Memory Walk to raise funds for Alzheimer's research. If anyone is interested in donating I have placed a link here to my donation page.
It is very difficult to see someone you love going through this disease. My children have never really gotten to know the Grandma that I knew and loved as a child. She always loved kids and would have truly enjoyed her great-grand kids.
My Grandma was also always highly involved in her church. Her and my Grandpa were part of starting a bus ministry that brought kids to church who didn't have any other way of getting there. She was dedicated to being a Sunday School teacher and Women's Ministry leader.
It is in her honor that my sister and I walk and also in the hopes that other families will someday not have to face losing a loved one to this horrible disease!

No comments: