Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Lesson I Teach

One of the most important lessons that I try to teach my children is accepting others for who they are. I try hard as an adult to be open to what other people choose without making any judgements on them. I don't think we always have to agree with people to be able to get along with them. This is why I say that I want my kids to accept people as they are. I'm not saying be friends with everybody no matter what. I just want them to accept and not judge people who believe or live differently than they do.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Wow, that's a tough one. It is easier said than done but I think it is a very important lesson to teach our children. How do you go about doing that?

Mom Tu-Tu said...

I try to practice it myself and teach by example. I don't think I'm overly judgemental when it comes to people having beliefs different than my own. I had a friend in school that wasn't allowed to attend a birthday party of mine because my family didn't regulary attend church. That really hurt! These are the things that I would never want my child to cause someone else to hurt over.