Wednesday, May 30, 2007

New Nephew

My new nephew has arrived! Baby HWF arrived last night at 12:04 a.m. My sister happily made it to 38 weeks exactly after her prior baby being a preemie. He weighed 6lbs 15 oz which shocked us all as she had gestational diabetes and we were expecting a big baby! He was 19 5/8" long and has reddish colored hair. I couldn't believe when I saw him how much he looked like his big brother. I'm not sure I've ever seen a baby born that looked so much like another sibling. I was at the hospital when he was born, but didn't actually get to witness his birth. My sister decided at that end that she needed some privacy, which was fine with me and my mom who was also there. They broke her water and in about 1 1/2 hours the little guy was born. She went so fast! There were three nurses all telling her not to push while we waited for the doctor to arrive. My mom and I saw the doctor sprinting down the hall with her purse and doctors coat in hand. I think the baby was born 4 minutes after she walked in the room. It was definitely exciting and nerve wracking! Both my sister and the little guy are doing great! I can't wait to see him again.

1 comment:

Corrie said...

Congrats!
(& CUTE blog!)