Friday, June 01, 2007

The Week in Review

What a week! Monday was Memorial Day and we had a fish fry at my parents house. Tuesday I worked and then spent the evening at the hospital with my sister who was having her baby. Wednesday I worked again, and then went to my husbands shop where he is starting a new business and did computer work for him until 10:30 p.m. Yesterday I worked (you see a pattern here because my sister & I work alternating days at my mom's store and now that she's had a baby I'm full time for the next six weeks.) It was also my birthday yesterday so we went out to dinner with my parents and then had dessert at my dad's restaurant. Today I'm working and then as soon as I get off work my daughter has her dance class. Being a full time working mom is more than I could have ever imagined!

My sister called my mom to report that her June is off to a lousy start. The new baby is 1 point away from being jaundiced and having to be under the lights. Her older son (age 4) starting vomiting this morning on the way to the newborns doctors appointment. Now she needs to keep herself and the baby away from him, which is so hard for a 4 year old to understand. Little HWF has to be at Children's hospital in the morning to have his blood level tested again. I sure hope things start looking up for her soon.

My husband is really frustrated because he was supposed to open his new business today and there was a major roadblock that just appeared in his plan yesterday afternoon.

Let's hope that June doesn't become another nightmare month like April was! May was rather nice even though it was busy for us. Any month without a lot of sickness is a good one for me!

No comments: