Monday, June 25, 2007

Thanks for the support!

I want to say thank you to everyone who e-mailed me about my last post. It's nice to have support and encouragement!

I am a person who has always felt drawn to pregnancy and childbirth. Even before I had my own babies I thought about becoming a doula to help other women who were expecting. Then I became pregnant and learned even more. Pregnancy for me was a wonderful time. I felt healthier while carrying my babies. I had a midwife who treated me like I was her best friend and only patient. My first birth was picture perfect! My second birth was rough, but I still walked away feeling amazed at how my body worked to grow this precious life. My son was an unplanned water birth and that brought me to the realization of how wonderful the water can be!

I don't know if I could ever explain exactly how I feel about being pregnant. When I had my first child and came home from the hospital I cried because I missed being pregnant. Don't get me wrong I loved my new baby, but I felt a tiny bit of sadness as well. All the nights of rubbing my belly with lotion were over. I would also miss feeling her kicks and having that special connection just between us. I once read a poem about the last night you're pregnant and it was awesome! It was all about cherishing those last moments with your child before it joins the world.

I just love everything about starting a new life! As most of you know, there is nothing like a newborn baby and what they bring to you. Of course my two children bring me joy as well and I am so thankful for them!

1 comment:

Lainey-Paney said...

I miss certain THINGS about being pregnant, but I didn't have a particularly easy pregnancy....

I don't miss the cankles or backaches so bad I would just cry...
I don't miss that at all!