Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Truckin

This morning my little boy decided that he really wanted to go with Grandpa on his big semi. The problem is Grandpa was miles away and a semi isn't exactly the place for a 3 year old. I let him call his Grandpa and upon hanging up he asked me if Grandpa would be there to get him in a minute. It's so hard for him to understand that he can't go or that even if he could Grandpa couldn't be back to pick him up that quick. He cried all the way to the babysitters house and then once we got there he settled down until I had to leave and he started crying again. Poor kid was definitely having a rough morning. Before he ever opened his eyes I heard him crying and when I went in his room he was crying for popcorn. He must have had some interesting dreams to be crying about popcorn and going on Grandpa's truck! I asked him if he would miss me if he was on the truck for a week and he said "I'm not crying about you!" It was too funny. I'm hoping that by the time I pick him up this afternoon he'll have forgotten about his current bright idea!

1 comment:

6Pigtales and A Buzzcutboy said...

Hi there..thanx for stopping by my Blog. I so know what you mean about the whole " truck riding" issue. As that is what my husband does and my dad..so it's hard to try to tell them otherwise. I hear ya.
YOur blog is great BTW, and it is so nice to relate with others that have kids of the same age or approx.